Mother’s Day has a special place in my heart.. especially since I grew up with Nani living with us. We always celebrated Nani and Mom at the same time. We usually would have a cup of coffee and give them gifts. This year was different. This year my, not so little, baby sister is a mom too! We decided we would have a “toast” bar for all the moms in our lives 🙂
I hope you enjoy my toast recipes and get to try them at your next event too.
So, first I sliced a baguette into 1/2 inch slices, put them on a baking tray and drizzled olive oil with a sprinkle of salt. Into the oven they went at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes… until they’re golden.
I made three different types of toast… avocado toast, goat cheese and honey toast, and tomatoes and feta toast.
. 2 whole avocados, mashed
. 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
. salt and pepper to taste
. grated parmegiano reggiano for topping
1. In a small bowl, mash all ingredients together until your desired consistency. I like mine chunky… so I barely mashed mine.
2. Once mashed, serve a tablespoon of the mixture onto a piece of the toasted baguette and top with parmegiano reggiano.
goat cheese and honey toast
. 5 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
. fresh thyme leaves
. fresh oregano leaves
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients together and serve a tablespoon of the mixture onto a piece of the toasted baguette. Drizzle with honey.
tomato and feta
. 4 sliced tomatoes
. crumbled feta cheese
. dried oregano
1. On each piece of toasted baguette, place 3 slices of tomato.
2. Crumble the feta cheese on top. Season it with dried oregano and EVOO.