Have I ever mentioned how I am a huge fan of EASY appetizers?
Well, if I haven’t, now I have! This is the easiest recipe you can make to get something on the table fast as you prepare your main meal. I am always interested in making things from scratch, but let’s face it everyone… as much as we want to have the time to do that, the majority of us do not have that kind of time. So, if you can make puff pastry from scratch, GO FOR IT… but if you don’t necessarily have that kind of time, you can make a trip to your local grocery store and pick up a roll or two from the freezer aisle.
Here’s to easy appetizers! Anush!
Serves 4-6 people
. 1 roll puff pastry, rolled out and cut into 2 inch diameter squares or circles
. 4 tablespoons pesto (you can find the pesto recipe here)
. 1 package of fresh mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in olive oil with salt and pepper
. balsamic glaze
. 1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the puff pastry squares (or circles) onto the sheet pan and pierce along a 5 mm crust and on the inside.
3. Brush egg on the edges of each square.
4. Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Once you take out of the oven, you will notice they will be all puffy, take a fork and pierce in again right away to let all the steam out from each layer of the puff pastry.
5. Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto on each square and 3 – 4 slices of mushroom. Place back in the oven and bake for another 5 min.
6. Plate and drizzle each square with balsamic glaze.